I must be getting close to a major break through

I'm heading to an event hosted by my mother and sister.  They are Huston-Tillotson University Alumni and they organized a fundraising event for the San Antonio Chapter of Huston -Tillotson Alumni at Second Baptist Church.  The university's concert choir will be performing and the university's president will be retiring in May.

But before I go I must get a few things off my chest.  Over the years, I have invested a lot of time into the community working with kids, women and causes related to education...some know about it some don't.  Nevertheless some of my time has been invested in those areas. I am proud of the work that I continue to create to serve the community and the city of San Antonio, which is my home town.

I have invested a lot of time into my business, which some are familiar with and some are not.  For 15 years, I headed a media and public relations firm and created many opportunities for myself through the help of others in the city and community.  The firm was called Laura Thompson Agency.  I brought a publication, Who's Who in Black San Antonio to the city against the better judgement (or not better judgement) of many people inside and outside of the city. Because of that initiative three more publications were birthed.  Two Who's Who books highlighting the achievements of African Americans in the city and the Inaugural Edition of Who's Who San Antonio Women, which captures the achievements of women.

 I founded an organization called Sistas in Business to connect women to business opportunities and with the help of many women and a few corporate sponsors over the years, we'll be celebrating a decade in August of this year.  Through that organization, I've negotiated a myriad of national speakers.

I am a poet and have authored two books "Beneath the Mask", a book of poetry, and "One My Way to the Top", which is a book of lessons on my journey through entrepreneurship.

This all may sound like a bunch of bragging to you, but it has been a lot of work and a journey that continues to progress.  I am very proud of my accomplishments, but with every one of those accomplishments, I have borne the stripes of heart ache, disappointment, back stabbing, betrayal, and unsolicited spokes persons.

My journey has not been all successes.  I have experienced many failures and disappointments, which I am grateful and fortunate to have experienced.  Right now, I feel that a major break through is coming my way and I'm so excited about it and have prepared for it.

I have also prepared for those who feel it is their appointed duty to speak for me, take credit for my work, tell people who I am, use my name to gain credibility for their projects, bad mouth me, and then pretend they're on my team.  I have been prepared for you and God has given me the discernment to recognize you.

Anyone who knows just a little bit about me, knows that I don't have a problem speaking for myself, but also, that I do not strive to be vindictive towards others, instead I  try to speak to uplift people and not put them down.

Just know that I have prepared and worked for the things that are coming my way.  I have planted good seeds most of the time, but admit that I have planted a few bad ones too, but it all balances out. Also know that I take full responsibility for what I do, what I've done...good or bad!

Lastly, if you would like to know where I stand on anything...please feel free to contact me and I'll graciously tell you.  There was a song that I love from years back and my favorite part of the song was "Don't ask my neighbor...come to me."

I am excited about what the rest of the day has in store for me....and excited about the future!  Have a blessed week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORBESWOMAN | 9/10/2012 @ 8:10PM |4,196 views 10 Free Tools Every Female Entrepreneur Should Use