Good Heart Sense...Breast Health...and Natural Hair

This summer on July 18, I walked into a local emergency room and was taken back immediately because my  blood pressure was 194 over 107.  My legs were very heavy and I could barely walk.  I was very dizzy and lightheaded, my tongue was numb and I felt numb all over.  My first thought was that I was just very tired and just needed to rest.  But before I decided to get some rest, I decided to look up the affects of heavy legs...every article I read on the internet indicated that is was serious and could cause heart failure.  I called a friend and within 30 minutes I was in the emergency room and ended up staying there for three days.

I am telling you this story because it was a wake up call for me.  I have not been taking good care of my health, had stopped exercising and had gained quite a bit of weight.  I would joke about high blood pressure, high cholesterol and would tell my self never me.  All those things have changed now.  I am exercising daily, working on eating the proper foods...and that has been a real challenge...only because I am used to eating whatever I want.

I decided to write a series of stories regarding various health issues that affect African American women.  I have interviewed three women, so far that are survivors and whom have changed their lifestyles, as a result of health issues.  One is changing the lives of many women by providing natural hair care alternatives, although we did not speak about any health issues that she has or had.

I will be telling a story about a lady that is only in her forties; who had her first heart attack at age 21, a stroke and 2 triple bypass surgeries while in her thirties.  I will tell you how she's changed her life and she educates women daily through he Facebook fan page.  She exercise daily and eats healthy despite her physicians predictions of her outcome.

I will tell you a story about a woman's battle against cancer; how she survived it and some of the challenges she faced and is still facing.  And I will tell you a tell about a lady that has been providing women with natural hair alternatives for over a decade and how business is increasing just through word of mouth.

All of these women have become my heroes...In October you will hear individual stories about each of them...entitled:  Everybody and "Every Body" is Different.

Follow these stories and start changing your life....also coming up in October is a story about beliefs and reactions behind the popularity of Tatoos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORBESWOMAN | 9/10/2012 @ 8:10PM |4,196 views 10 Free Tools Every Female Entrepreneur Should Use