Agree or Disagree...Depends on the Person

When we agree with someone...whatever they say is music to our ears...even if they misstep.  But when we disagree with someone...whatever they say, we can't seem to get behind them, because our minds are set on one perspective.

The most dangerous thing we can do, as a community, a people, a city or as a family, is to veer so far to the left or right that we miss opportunities to view the world or issue from more than one perspective.

I grew up listening and learning from everyone I encountered and still do to this day.  Is that good or bad...well that just depends on your perspective.  I love to learn about what people are doing and what they think about the world.  I learn a lot from listening.

Although, I have my own set of views and opinions about what I believe is right or wrong...I value what others bring to the table and their perspective.  I did not always have that flexibility in my thinking, but time has a way of liberating our thoughts and the way we view and handle situations.

My thinking is often a lot different than most...or maybe I should say my actions are different.  Most times I choose a totally different path than my counterparts because my perspective is broad and I am open to try new things from a totally different outlook than most.

Some things everyone agrees with...sometimes I don't agree and those that many disagree with...I can see something in them that I agree with...so whether you agree or disagree...it depends on the person and their point of view.

Now some will probably ask...what this article has to do with anything...again...it just depends on your perspective...don't you agree?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORBESWOMAN | 9/10/2012 @ 8:10PM |4,196 views 10 Free Tools Every Female Entrepreneur Should Use