Reflecting on Thankfulness

 Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Things that we take for granted, things that we consider the little things...are actually the BIG things that we should always remember to be thankful for.

Making sure there's a hot meal is on the table daily, may seem like a responsibility to the receiver, but it's actually quite a blessing.  Anything that we do or someone does for us takes time, effort, energy, and work. Appreciation is an action that some seldom take because we believe that if someone routinely blesses us that there's no need to say thank you.

Well I would like to attest that "Thank you" goes a long way.  "I appreciate everything that you do for me" goes a long way.  And being thankful for the BIG little things makes the giver feel that what they do matters.

So as you celebrate this Thanksgiving, make sure that you say what you should say every time someone gives of themselves to make life comfortable or better for you.  Say "Thank You", "I appreciate you", "What you do makes a difference".

"Thank you" is only two words that just takes a second to say, but it makes a big difference.  Life has changed a lot for me.  I miss the events, face to face meetings, the lunches, the dinners, house visits, that in person laughter, yet I'm thankful because the change has given me an opportunity to reflect on what I thought life would always be.  It's given me an opportunity to embrace change, to shift, to pivot and to rethink and reimagine what life can be moving forward.

I'm thankful in a big way because life has afforded me many opportunities, to do many things and to meet and interact with many people.  I am thankful for all of the victories and the defeats because both have prepared me for the bright future to come.

This abrupt change shook me to the core and made me realize the importance of living simply and deliberately.  I've learned to slow down and take care of myself and live for myself, not through everyone else.  I've learned that everything is a process that requires planning, preparation and execution.  

It's like we were propelled into a new world and I notice that people are adapting very well.  I love my life and I am thankful that I have an opportunity to live in a time where God has shown us that we can endure and if we just slow down, he will propel us to unimaginable places.

Thankful, grateful, appreciative.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORBESWOMAN | 9/10/2012 @ 8:10PM |4,196 views 10 Free Tools Every Female Entrepreneur Should Use