I Like Photography and Have a Pretty Good Eye For It

by Laura Thompson

I have really become interested in photography.  I believe I have an eye for candid shots and environmental shots.  I am amazed at quality of the photos that we can take with our phones and iPads.  I am also amazed that different people taking photos with a camera, phone or iPad, and taking pictures of the same object or person at the same event; how the photos can come out so drastically different.  I've been toying around with photography for a few years now and I am amazed at the quality of some of my photos.

I believe I must have an eye for it because I have no training and have never really owned a high quality camera.  On December 4, 2014, my photography will be featured in an exhibit.   I have taken over 6,000 photos of children reading at our Read and Lead outings.  One hundred twenty five of the best photos will be featured and the exhibit will run for six weeks at the Carver Community Cultural Center.  The name of the exhibit is called Inner City Expressions.

This is exciting to me, because again, I have no formal training whatsoever.  Just like to capture people doing what they love to do.

I also have started a genre of photography and would like to host a different photo exhibit.  I can't mention the new genre, but if I find a gallery that will allow me to showcase my work...I'll will let everybody know.

I enjoy a lot of different things, all in the creative arena.  I've even started shooting and editing talk shows and events.  I just like to do it.  Stay tuned!  More to come.  I just like doing what I like to do!


Comments

  1. I love taking pictures. I even took a course so that I can fully understand the features on my camera. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FORBESWOMAN | 9/10/2012 @ 8:10PM |4,196 views 10 Free Tools Every Female Entrepreneur Should Use