Watch Out for Bikers

by Laura Thompson
I was on my way to the office yesterday...driving down Main Street towards Houston St. and I saw someone on a bike that looked familiar to me.  I passed her up, but was stopped by a red light.  Before the light turned green, I just happened to look through my rear view mirror and saw her zooming past me.  I thought to myself, "I just passed her a quarter of a mile back...she's flying on that bike".  Then before the light turned green, she zipped through the red light and as she ran the red light...the light suddenly turned green.  I just barely saw her, as the light turned green and I began to take off.

I then started noticing signs that said that bikers can ride in full lanes.   This is downtown San Antonio and unless you're paying close attention you might not see the biker right away, much less the signs.  I am writing this blog, not because I am against bikers, but just to warn people who may not be used to bikers riding n mainstream traffic or may not be paying attention and a biker suddenly appears in the path of your car.

And bikers, please take into consideration that this is a new practice in the city, to have the privilege to ride in full lanes with motor vehicles.  This is a learning experience for all of us.  Drive safe, ride safe and take into consideration that we're all getting used to this new rule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORBESWOMAN | 9/10/2012 @ 8:10PM |4,196 views 10 Free Tools Every Female Entrepreneur Should Use